Tell us in 25 words or less why you’d like to win a ski trip to Korea.
Email your response to: email@example.com
* Please read detailed Terms & Conditions below
Skiing in Korea
If you’re into skiing, snowboarding, spas, festivals or just want to take in the gorgeous landscape, Korea is the perfect place for winter fun and adventure. The ski resorts are some of the finest in the world and attract thousands of tourists each year. Many are located in Gangwon-do Province, which is known for its abundant snowfall. Here, resorts are equipped with the latest facilities, a great range of slopes and superb accommodation. The peak ski season starts mid-December until the end of February. You’ll also find many ski resorts remain open all year round. When visiting, make sure you check out the annual ‘Ski and Snow Festival’ and take part in a tour of the popular ‘YongPyeong’ and ‘High 1’ ski resorts. Each tour lasts four days, and includes accommodation, meals, and lessons with hands on programs plus an exciting skiing and snowboarding competition. What’s more, there’s traditional Korean singing, dancing and of course, the beautiful mountain scenery to take in. So, if you’re searching for an adrenaline-packed holiday or quality family time in snow, Korea is ready to welcome you in winter.
Central Korea, Gangwondo and Gyeonggido are the main locations for great skiing in Korea. Gangwondo is home to Yongpyong Resort and High 1 Resort. These are some Korea’s most popular ski resorts. The mountains of Yongpyong are known as the ‘Alps of Korea’. Yongpyong has hosted the World Cup Ski Championship, the Winter Asian Games and will serve as one of the venues for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. The popular drama series ‘Winter Sonata’ was also filmed at this resort, making it a popular tourist destination. High 1 resort is known for its great ski slopes. Eighteen of the finest ski slopes are found here and two of the slopes were once used for the World Cup Ski Competition. Here, you’ll find state-of-the-art lift facilities, Korea’s first hands-free check zone and an automatic reading system for lift passes. If you’re into other activities, check out the Casino at Kangwon Land. There’s also an exciting theme park, trekking route, sleigh ride and a golf course nearby.
For more information on ski resorts in Gangwondo, click here.
For more information on ski resorts in Gyeonggido (near Seoul), click here.
For more information on ski resorts in Korea Central (and Southern Korea), click here.
National Geographic Adventure - Winter in Korea
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry
into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The competition commences on Monday 1st July 2013 at 00:01 (ADST) and concludes on Saturday 31 August 2013 at 23:59 (ADST). ("the Competition Period")
4. To enter, participants must state in 25 words or less why they’d like to win a ski trip to Korea and email their response to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner MUST travel during the period of 2nd January - 28 February, 2014
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. Incomplete and incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes entries conducted by automated online software applications designed to create more than once entry for a single entrant by falsifying and or manipulating entrants’ details such as creating false e-mail addresses. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
9. The Major Prize winner will receive a Ski Trip to Korea for two people including return economy airfares and 7 days/6 nights accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room at Dragon Valley Hotel, YongPyong Resort. The package includes American daily breakfast and two 6 day lift passes including night skiing and ski equipment rental as well as a 50% discount on Peak Island, the Water Park and Spa as well as a 50% discount on hotel sauna.
The Major Prize is valued up to $5,000 AUD (RRP)
10. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Major Prize draw. The Major Prize winner will be judged as the best reason for wanting to ski in Korea by the Promoter (or its nominatedagent) on Monday 2nd September 2013 at 11:00am (ADST) at Korea Tourism Organization offices Level 18, Australia Square Tower, 264 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2001 and the winner will be notified immediately after by email and phone. The name(s) of the winner on www.koreabeinspired.com.au on Wednesday 4th September 2013.
11. If a Major Prize winner cannot be contacted by 11:00am ADST Monday 16th September 2013, the Promoter or its nominated agent will judge another winner from all valid entries ("Second Chance Draw") on Tuesday 17th September 2013 at 11:15am ADST at Korea Tourism Organization offices Level 18, Australia Square Tower, 264 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2001. The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by email and phone on Wednesday 18 September and published on www.koreabeinspried.com.au on Friday, 20 September. 2013.
12. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash
13. Total prize value up to AUD$5,000 RRP (including GST)
14. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
17. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
19. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, the promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
20. Travel must be taken up between 2nd January - 28 February, 2014. If
travel has not been redeemed within this period, tickets shall be deemed null
21. The Major Prize winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize.
22. The Major Prize must be booked via the Korea Tourism Organization or their preferred travel agency. Bookings are subject to availability and are not reroutable. Once booked and approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
23. The Promoter nor the prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
24. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation, any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
25. Travel arrangements to and from Sydney international airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
26. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
27. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
28. Neither the promoter, nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of God, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
29. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into
correspondence regarding the Competition result.
30. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
31. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
33. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
36. Korea Tourism Organization and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
37. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
38. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
39. AUTOMATIC OPT-IN: By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
41. The Promoter is Korea National Tourism Organization, Level 18, Australia Square Tower, 264 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000. ABN: 39 356 765 003. Telephone: (02) 9252 4147.